Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Things that are new:

I have a home by myself. I like living alone and being totally in charge
of myself and my time. I am still sometimes amazed by the fact that I am
an adult. I don't know if other people wonder about this. The idea of
living my own life is just as exciting and mysterious now as it was when I
was 12.

I like the friends that I am getting to know. I love the way social
circles expand and change and the fact that I am always meeting new and
interesting people. There is nothing like the feeling of meeting a new
friend and hanging out together all night or all week, just to enjoy each
others company and conversation. The world can never be boring if there
are always new people to meet and know in all their complexity.

Growth. There are many things about myself that need to grow and change. I
prefer to ignore those things and live in the relm of things that are in
my control, but recently I think I have taken great steps toward making
myself a more healthy and complete person. I am thankful for this, and
also frightened about delving into these parts of myself.

My job. The job I have is not the perfect place I appeared to be from the
outside. I think I knew it would not be. However the people here are
really trying to do good and I have so much to learn from them. This is
the first time in a long time, maybe ever, that I have been in a place
where there was so much to learn. Such a long learning curve is hard for
my controlling personality, but it is good for me. I like it.

No comments: