Thursday, October 25, 2007

<b>Dumbledore is Gay!<b>

After reading briefly from her mega-selling book, Harry Potter and the
Deathly Hallows, on Friday night, Rowling took questions from an audience
of 1,600 students. A 19-year-old from Colorado asked about the avuncular
headmaster of Hogwarts School: 'Did Dumbledore, who believed in the
prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?'
The author replied: 'My truthful answer to you...I always thought of
Dumbledore as gay.' The audience reportedly fell silent - then erupted
into prolonged applause.

Rowling, 42, continued: 'Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald [a bad
wizard he defeated long ago], and that added to his horror when
Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it
excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to
an extent, but he met someone as brilliant as he was and, rather like
Bellatrix, he was very drawn to this brilliant person and horribly,
terribly let down by him.'

She added: 'Yeah, that's how I always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I
was in a script read-through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore
saying a line to Harry early in the script saying, "I knew a girl once,
whose hair..." I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it
along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's gay!"'

http://stoopidamerikana.blogspot.com/

http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,,2196147,00.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perusing through my friends list brings good tidings. Shannon I miss you like... like a lot. It is amazing how many people come in and out of our lives. Anyway, I hope you check this thing often enough and friend me in instant messenger. I've been learning to love my evil and have wonderful conversation topics that might pick your Baha'i brain. Aside from that I hope all is well.

Your post is amazing by the way. I would love to think of what many Americans would do if JK published it, but then I'd fear HP would just be pushed to the back shelf and ignored. >.>

anyway.. love! and my aim: ozurell. Im gonna drop you an earlham e-mail also.

Anonymous said...

Really interesting website.

Scandinavian seo adviser providing low cost all-inclusive service (sokoptimering).
[url=http://www.smotop.se/smotopbloggen/]SMOTop[/url]
http://www.smotop.se/smotopbloggen/